Frequently Asked Questions
If your question is not answered below please contact us.
- What happens after I submit the application to you?Once the application has been received, our team will check the application and your policy will be issued and confirmed by email. Once you have received the email, you are covered. A copy of your documents can also be sent by post. If there are any problems with your application we will contact you.
- Can I purchase this insurance over the phone? Yes, we are authorised to complete applications with you over the phone for all our insurers
- Who do I make cheques or money orders payable to? Please make cheques or money orders payable to “TIOTN Pty Ltd”.
- What are bonus days?Bonus Days extend the policy length set by the insurers. They do not extend your actual policy coverage. Bonus days are automatically calculated on our Web site. Therefore please ensure the exact date of your departure from Australia & the exact date of your return to Australia are entered correctly.
- How do I get a quote? A quote can be obtained from our Web site by choosing the type of cover you require and entering your travel details. Alternatively please contact us and we can quote you over the phone and mail the application to you.
- Can you tell me which policy is the best for me?The cost and benefits vary from policy to policy. We can give you general information to help you decide but cannot advise you on whether the terms are specifically appropriate for your individual objectives, financial situation or needs.
- Are the Underwriters reputable?Yes, the industry is strictly governed by The Financial Services Reform Act and all our insurance products are from reputable providers.
- How much is the Excess?Excess amounts differ by insurer and plans as follows:
CHI and AussieTravelCover:
$150 Excess for all plans.
$50 Excess for Domestic plan.
$150 Excess for all other plans.
$50 for Australian Travel Plan.
$100 for Elements Plan / International Travel Plan.
$200 for Annual Multi Trip Plan.
Some plans have an option to remove the excess for an additional cost to your premium and will be shown on your online application if applicable.
- Who is a "Resident of Australia"? "Resident of Australia" means someone who currently resides in Australia and is eligible for an Australian Medicare Card.
- I am an Australian Overseas, can I purchase any policy?You need to purchase policies from the section "Australians Already Overseas".
- Are dependent children covered? Under most single & family policies dependents are covered for free. Under a Duo policy dependents are not covered.
- Who are dependants? The definition of dependants differ by insurer, and are as follows for your reference:
Aussietravelcover and CHI:
"Dependant means your children/grandchildren not in full time employment who are under the age of 21 and travelling with you on the journey"
"means your children, stepchildren, grandchildren, foster children, nieces and nephews who are under 25 years of age and not in full time employment at the time the Certificate of Insurance is to be issued and who are travelling with you on the trip."
"Dependant means your children or grandchildren, or other for whom you are the legally responsible guardian, who are:- Traveling with you on the majority of your trip; and
- Not in full time employment; and
- Under the age of 25 at the date of policy issue; and
- Named in the Certificate of Insurance
- How do I make a claim?You must contact the insurers directly to make a claim. If you wish to make a claim please contact the insurer directly. Please also refer to your Emergency Assistance numbers and policy documentation provided. Contact details can be found by selecting the appropriate insurer; QBE, SureSave ,Aussietravelcover ,CHI.
- What do I do if I have a complaint?Firstly, contact the insurer to see if you can resolve the complaint. Each insurer has a fully documented internal process for resolving a dispute between the consumer and the insurer, the insurer’s agent or the consumer and the insurer’s investigator or loss adjustor.
If you are not satisfied with the way the complaint has been dealt with it can also be referred to the industry’s independent external dispute resolution body, the Financial Ombudsman Service Limited, (FOS). To access the FOS process please call 1300 780 808 or write to the FOS at GPO Box 3, Melbourne VIC 3001
- Is your site secure?Yes, we use SSL to secure your data with 128-bit encryption. After you select your policy and are sent to the secure Application Form (https:// will appear in your browser address bar). You can check the "padlock" in your browser window on the Application Form page to check the SSL Certificate is installed and encrypting your data.
- What is your refund policy?If you decide you do not want the policy you have purchased, you may cancel it within 14 days (QBE policies 21 days) from the date of issue on the Certificate of Insurance. You will be given a full refund of the premium paid; provided you have not started your journey and you have not nor intend to make a claim or exercise any other rights under the policy. Please contact us directly if you wish to cancel your policy.
Compare Travel InsuranceWith 4 top brands to choose from, you’ll get the right cover and save money!
Choose a cover type, and enter your travel details
Where will you be spending the MAJORITY of your trip?
Type or select from the list below
- Pacific Islands
- New Zealand
- South America
- Central America
- Middle East