HCF Travel Insurance
HCF Travel Insurance is not currently available through travelinsurance.com.au. You are welcome to visit their website for more information or compare the travel insurance options available from us.
Travel Insurance Plans Available from HCF Travel Insurance
- Comprehensive Plan – This plan offers the most extensive cover with the highest benefit limits. It is for international travel where your journey starts and ends in Australia, and the cover is purchased before you depart. There are no age limits for this cover.
- Essentials Plan - A lower cost option than the Comprehensive Plan with some benefits not included, or with lower benefit limits. This plan is only available to travellers younger than 75 years of age when the policy is issued.
- Domestic Plan – Intended for travel within Australia only, and like the Comprehensive Plan, no age limits apply. This cover does not include any medical benefits.
- Multi-Trip Plan – For individuals who travel regularly in a 12-month period, regardless of whether the travel is local or international. Only available for travellers younger than 75 years when the policy is issued, and for an additional premium it can also include cover for a spouse, partner, or dependents accompanying you.
Single and Family cover includes free cover for children or grandchildren, younger than 24 years of age and not in full-time employ, accompanying you on your trip. Duo cover does not include any cover for dependants and is meant only for two adults travelling together.
Insurance Benefits Offered by HCF Travel Insurance
Overseas Emergency Medical Assistance1
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital Expenses1
Emergency Dental Expenses [per person] 1
Permanent Disability1 2
Hospital Cash Allowance1
Loss of Income1
Travel Delay Expenses
Alternative Transport Expenses1
Luggage & Personal Effects
Luggage & Personal Effects Delay Expenses
Travel Documents, Transaction Cards & Travellers Cheques1
Theft of Cash
Rental Vehicle Insurance Excess
1 Travellers do not have any cover under these sections while travelling in Australia.
2 Cover under these sections does not apply to claims arising from activities listed under the Adventure Pack or Snow Pack, even if travel cover for these packs have been purchased.
All benefit limits shown apply to Family Cover for the Comprehensive, Essentials, and Domestic Plans, and the Policy Limit for the Multi-Trip Plan. Sub-limits, exclusions, and specific conditions apply. Refer to the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for details.
Cover for Recreational Activities Offered by HCF Travel Insurance
Certain amateur sporting and recreational activities are automatically covered on all plans, with specific conditions attached. However, if you intend participating in more high-risk activities such as abseiling, sky diving, scuba diving, and certain snow sports, a Snow Pack and Adventure Pack are available as optional add-ons. None of the plans include cover for certain claims arising from travelling on a cruise ship, and a Cruise Pack can be purchased for additional benefits. Some benefits, such as personal liability and disability, are not included for high-risk activities, even if you have purchased the Adventure or Snow Pack.
Increasing Item Limits and Standard Excess with HCF Travel Insurance
Sub-limits apply to certain items claimed for under the Luggage & Personal Effects benefit, but these can be increased by specifying which items you want a higher limit on, and then paying an additional premium. The higher limits for these items will be listed on your Certificate of Insurance. It is also possible to increase the Rental Vehicle Excess cover, or to reduce your policy premium by opting for a higher standard excess on any claims, and these too would be indicated on your Certificate of Insurance. You will not have to pay the standard excess on any successful claim. Instead the standard excess is deducted from any amount payable to you on a successful claim.
HCF Travel Insurance Claims Process
Claims are processed by Allianz Global Assistance within 10 business days of a fully completed claim being submitted. You are expected to include relevant supporting documents and receipts with your claim and failing to do so will result in delays in claim processing. Claims should always be submitted as soon after any event as possible, and you can do this 24 hours a day via www.travelclaims.com.au. If you require assistance, emergency or otherwise, you can contact Allianz Global Assistance 24 hours a day via:
- +61 7 3305 7499 (reverse charge from overseas), or
- 1800 010 075 (within Australia)
Ensure you have your policy details with you when submitting a claim or calling the 24-hour contact number.
Contact Details for HCF Travel Insurance
Allianz Australia Insurance Limited
24-hour emergency number
+61 7 3305 7499 (reverse charge from overseas)
1800 010 075 (within Australia)
Compare Travel Insurance Quotes and Save
Choose a cover type, and enter your travel details
Where will you be spending the MAJORITY of your trip?
Type or select from the list below
- Pacific Islands
- New Zealand
- South America
- Central America
- Middle East