Qantas Insurance Travel Cover
Qantas Insurance Travel Cover is not currently offered through travelinsurance.com.au and is included here only for comparison purposes. You are welcome to visit their website for more information or compare travel insurance options available from us.
Qantas Insurance Travel Cover Plans
Qantas Insurance offers three primary travel cover plans:
- Australian Comprehensive Plan - This plan is available to residents of Australia and non-residents of Australia provided you are in Australia at the time the Certificate of Insurance is issued. It is designed for travel in Australia only, and as such does not include any medical benefits, except for onboard a cruise ship in Australian waters.
- International Comprehensive Plan – Similar to the Australian Comprehensive Plan, except it now includes medical and emergency dental benefits, along with a few other benefits more suited to international travel.
- Annual Multi Trip Travel Plan – The ideal plan for anyone who travels extensively each year, but only available to Australian residents. Benefits cover an unlimited number of trips both locally and abroad in a 12-month period, though medical benefits are only for international travel.
Qantas Insurance does also offer more limited plans for domestic travel and trips to New Zealand which only include benefits for luggage and cancellations. These plans are not listed in the table of benefits below.
Benefit Limits on Qantas Insurance Travel Cover Plans
Benefit Limits (per person)
Australian Comprehensive Travel Plan
Annual Multi Trip Travel Plan
Overseas Medical expenses
Medical expenses incurred outside of Australia
Overseas Dental expenses
Emergency dental expenses
Evacuation and repatriation
Cancellation and additional expenses
$10,000 or for bookings made with Qantas points up to 1,000,000 Qantas
Cancellation or holiday deferment costs
Agents cancellation fees
Emergency travel arrangements and accommodation expenses
Extra travel cover
Missed connection – special events
Withdrawal of services
Rental vehicle expenses
Rental vehicle insurance excess
Return of rental vehicle
Repatriation of remains
Funeral expenses within Australia
Sports and entertainment package
Golf green fees and ski lift passes
Ski run closure
Hiring replacement, snow ski, golf and surf equipment
Pre-paid theme park and event tickets
Benefits back home
Home and contents insurance excess
Loss of income
Luggage and personal effects
Personal computer item sub limit
Video and camera item sub limit
Watches and jewellery item sub limit
Set of golf clubs item sub limit
Other item sub limit
Replacement passports and travel documents
Replacement business equipment
Medical and dental expenses onboard a cruise ship
^ For up to 12 months after the Illness first appears or Injury first occurs.
The benefit limits shown above are a guideline only. Sub-limits, exclusions, and specific conditions may apply, and these will be covered in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).
Qantas Insurance Travel Cover Availability and Exclusions
All policies include some general eligibility conditions and exclusions, such as:
- Accompanying children up to the age of 24 years old are included at no additional charge, except for Annual Multi Trip Plans. Additional terms and conditions apply and are reflected in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).
- The policy must be issued before you depart on your trip and cannot be purchased more than 12 months in advance.
- The age limit for all policies is 69 years of age, with some plans available
- for travellers age 70 years or older. The benefits for older travellers will differ and will be reflected in the relevant policy PDS.
- You must disclose any existing medical conditions you or anyone in you travelling party has. If you do not, any claims directly or indirectly caused by an existing medical condition could be denied.
- Australian and International Travel Plans can be purchased for one-way journeys.
More detailed and specific exclusions and conditions can be found in the relevant PDS.
Annual Multi Trip Plan Availability and Exclusions
- This policy is not available to anyone aged 70 years or older at the time the Certificate of Insurance is issued.
- While the policy covers an unlimited number of domestic and international trips in a 12-month period, the maximum duration for each trip cannot exceed 60 days. Extensions are available for longer trips, but these must be arranged in advance, and will require an additional premium payment.
- Accompanying spouse, partner, or children are not automatically covered under this policy, and additional cover would need to be arranged whenever the policy holder is not travelling alone.
Qantas Insurance Travel Cover for Existing Medical Conditions
Qantas Insurance Travel Cover automatically covers more than 30 existing medical conditions, with certain restrictions as detailed in the PDS. However, it is necessary for you to disclose any existing medical conditions (including pregnancy) that you or anyone in your travelling party has. For any existing medical conditions not automatically covered, you will need to complete a medical assessment in order for Qantas Insurance to determine if they would be willing to offer additional cover for these conditions, and what the extra premium might be. Failing to disclose known medical conditions can result in claims being denied.
Contact Details for Qantas Insurance Travel Cover
Certain underwriters at Lloyd’s (the insurer) and managed by nib.
Phone: 1300 783 146
nib International Assistance
1300 555 019 (within Australia)
+61 3 8523 2800 (outside of Australia)
Compare Travel Insurance Quotes and Save
Choose a cover type, and enter your travel details
Where will you be spending the MAJORITY of your trip?
Type or select from the list below
- Pacific Islands
- New Zealand
- South America
- Central America
- Middle East